Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

Public Works

Water coming from a kitchen faucet into a glass

Thurston County Public Works supplies drinking water and sewer services for approximately 800 county residents. These services are only available in the following neighborhoods:

  • Boston Harbor

  • Grand Mound

  • Olympic View (only wastewater services in this neighborhood)

  • Tamoshan

Contact Information

For questions related to your bill, water usage, temporary water shut-off requests, or to establish or change service, call 360-867-2312.

For water leaks, water pressure issues, sewer issues, or STEP tank alarms, call 360-867-2288.

For after-hours water & sewer emergencies, call 1-800-926-7761.

Update your contact information to receive text and email notifications about emergencies, repairs and maintenance to your water and sewer services.

Update Contact Information  

New Utility Account

To establish a new utility account, please click this link to complete the application. The application must be completed and returned with a deposit by:

  1. mail to TC Utilities, 9605 Tilley Rd S, Box D, Olympia, WA 98512,

  2. in person at the TC Utilities office, 9605 Tilley Rd. S, Building C, Olympia, WA,

  3. email, followed by a credit card deposit taken over the phone, or

  4. fax to (360) 867-2293, followed by a credit card deposit taken over the phone.

Financial Policies and Procedures

Click here to review our financial policies and procedures.

Reports & Utility Plans

Click here to see the Water and Sewer Utility Publications.

Utility Advisory Committees

Each of the service areas currently has a non-voting, voluntary resident advisory committee. These groups provide comments on funding priorities and improvement projects to Thurston County staff. 

  • The Tamoshan Utility Advisory Committee meets quarterly.

  • The Boston Harbor Utility Advisory Committee meets bi-monthly.

  • The Olympic View Utility Advisory Committee meets bi-annually.

For more information, contact TC Utilities

Thurston County Water & Sewer Codes

Water & Sewer Frequently Asked Questions

Water Service

  • Boston Harbor
  • Grand Mound
  • Tamoshan

Sewer Service

  • Boston Harbor
  • Grand Mound
  • Olympic View
  • Tamoshan

You may email or call 360-867-2312 to check if we service your address.

​New accounts for water or sewer service at an established service address may be set up by completing an application and paying a deposit. Applicable deposit amounts are determined by ordinance and can be found by click this link.

Click here for the application or call 360-867-2312.

​Bills are mailed on the last business day of each month. Expect to receive your bill the first week of the month. If you have not received your bill, please email or call 360-867-2312 to request a copy of your bill.

Bills are due and payable on the 20th of each month or the following business day, if the 20th falls on a weekend or a holiday. Bills are considered delinquent if not paid on or before the payment due date.

The County may apply a five (5) calendar day grace period before assessing interest or delinquent penalties.

​Credit or Debit Card – Visit Online Payments or call 360-867-2312. 

Check – Mail to TC Utilities, 9605 Tilley Rd S, Box D, Olympia, WA 98512. 

Cash – Accepted in person at the TC Utilities office, 9605 Tilley Rd. S, Building C, Olympia, WA. TC Utilities office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In person hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Automatic Payments (ACH) – Sign up for automatic utilities payment to deduct your utility bill amount due from your checking or savings account on the billing due date. No fees or service charges apply for this service. 

Click here for the ACH payment sign up form or request by emailing

​A 2.35% convenience fee (minimum $2.00) is assessed by the credit card company. This fee does not apply to ACH payments.

​No, payments are posted only on the bill due date. However, you can mail or make payment online prior to the billing date and only the remaining account balance, if any, will be made by ACH. 


Please give us notice that you are closing your account prior to the move out day by Filling out the termination form or call 360-867-2312.

​This link has info about how to avoid cross connections when installing plumbing.

​An Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) is based on a typical Single-Family Residential Unit. As defined in Thurston County Code title 15.12.012 a single-family residential unit means: "One or more rooms in a residential building or residential portion of a building which are arranged, designed, used or intended for use as a complete, independent living facility for one family and which includes permanent provisions for living, sleeping, eating, cooking and sanitation. Any duplication of the above permanent provisions, specifically cooking, eating, or laundry facilities, will be considered in excess of a single ERU allocation for a single parcel and in excess of the allowed sewer service capacity for one ERU…. any outbuilding with kitchen or cooking facilities, shower stalls, bathtub or laundry facilities are not to be connected or served by the sewer utility.