The Thurston County Auditor’s Office is providing passport services
by appointment only.
Make an appointment here.
- Appointments are available 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- One appointment per application.
- Fill out all paperwork before arriving for your appointment. Please be sure you you have completed the most current DS-11.
- Please show up early to your appointment, if possible.
- Your patience is appreciated.
- Do not make an appointment if you plan to travel within 12 weeks.
Contact the State Department for expedited service.
Adult passport renewals are a self mail-in process only. We process renewals for children under 16 and in instances where adults don't qualify for mail-in renewals. Learn more at the U.S. Department of State's Renew a Passport by Mail webpage.
The U.S. Department of State portion of the fees must be paid by check or money order (see more information below).
Routine Passport Service can take up to 18 weeks (just over four months) from when you apply to the day you receive your passport.
If you have travel plans in the next three weeks, please contact the Seattle Passport Agency Office at (877) 487-2778, or online. The Seattle office can issue same day, or limited passports with an appointment.