The Thurston County Auditor’s Office is providing passport services
by appointment only.
Make an appointment here.
- Appointments are available 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments are only available for scheduling two weeks out from the current date. If you need to cancel
your appointment please use the cancelation link in your appointment
confirmation email or call us at 360.786.5406.
- One appointment per application.
- Fill out all paperwork before arriving for your appointment. Please be sure you you have completed the most current DS-11.
- Please show up early to your appointment, if possible.
- Please do not wear white or cream clothing if you plan to have your picture taken. Dark clothes produce a better photo.
- Your patience is appreciated.
- The U.S. Department of State portion of the fees must be paid by check or money order (see more information below).
Adult passport renewals are a self mail-in process only. We process renewals for children under 16 and in instances where adults don't qualify for mail-in renewals. Learn more at the U.S. Department of State's Renew a Passport by Mail webpage.
Routine Passport Service can take up to 11 weeks (just under three months) from when you apply to the day you receive your passport. It may take up to 2
weeks from the day you apply until your application is "In Process."Rush Passport Service (Hand-Carry)
Third party courier companies, also known as "passport expeditors" can only be used if:
- You have a congressional referral letter or visa need, or
- You demonstrate an imminent travel need, as defined by the Department of State, in less than 14 days and can provide proof of travel
In many cases, passport expeditors cannot speed up the passport process for you. Some other things to consider about passport expeditors:
- These companies do not operate as a part of the U.S. Department of State or the Thurston County Auditor's Office.
- Courier companies charge additional fees for their services.
- You are still required to appear in person at an acceptance facility if applying on Form DS-11, even when using a courier service.
- The executed application must be delivered to a Regional Passport Agency no later than 5 business days after the application is executed.
If you have travel plans in the next three weeks, please contact the Seattle Passport Agency Office at (877) 487-2778, or online. The Seattle office can issue same day, or limited passports with an appointment.