The Thurston County Auditor’s Office is providing passport services
by appointment only.
Make an appointment here.
- Appointments are available 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments are only available for scheduling two weeks out from the current date. If you need to cancel
your appointment please use the cancelation link in your appointment
confirmation email or call us at 360.786.5406.
- One appointment per application.
- Fill out all paperwork before arriving for your appointment. Please be sure you you have completed the most current DS-11.
- Please show up early to your appointment, if possible.
- Please do not wear white or cream clothing if you plan to have your picture taken. Dark clothes produce a better photo.
- Your patience is appreciated.
- Do not make an appointment if you plan to travel within 8 weeks.
Contact the State Department for expedited service.
- The U.S. Department of State portion of the fees must be paid by check or money order (see more information below).
Adult passport renewals are a self mail-in process only. We process renewals for children under 16 and in instances where adults don't qualify for mail-in renewals. Learn more at the U.S. Department of State's Renew a Passport by Mail webpage.
Routine Passport Service can take up to 18 weeks (just over four months) from when you apply to the day you receive your passport.
If you have travel plans in the next three weeks, please contact the Seattle Passport Agency Office at (877) 487-2778, or online. The Seattle office can issue same day, or limited passports with an appointment.