Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

County Clerk

Monday through Friday at the following times:

8:45 a.m.

Agreed Matters Only (If unable to present in person, see Clerk’s Presentation of Agreed Orders below.)

  • No check-in required.
  • Take your motion and order with you to court. (See Clerk’s Presentation of Ex Parte if you are unable to present in person.)

4:00 p.m.

Emergency Motions Only – Not Agreed

  • You must file/e-file your Motion and Notice of Hearing by 11:00 a.m. the same day you are coming to court to get on the 4:00 p.m. calendar.
  • Give Notice to the other party if required.

Giving notice of 4 p.m. Non-Agreed Ex Parte Hearing

If you are asking the court to sign an order and all parties are not in agreement, you must give notice* to the other parties, or their attorney (s). The notice must state the time and date that you will be asking for the order, and the location of the court and information on how to appear. You must also state in writing what efforts you have made to give notice.

*You may not be required to give the other party notice if it appears clear from your written statement that immediate harm, injury, loss, or damage will result if the order is not entered right away, and your statement supports your claim that notice to the other party should not be required. CR 65(b)

Clerk’s Presentation of Agreed Orders

  • Add your email address to the lower left-hand corner of the first page of the documents you are filing.
  • Upload your motion and proposed order with the Proposed Order coversheet* as the first page to the Clerk’s Office e-filing:
  • Pay $30.00 ex parte fee (using the payment link on e-file page). If State Agency upload an A-19.

Clerk will present your documents to the Judicial Officer. After Judicial Officer files the decision with the Clerk, you may request a copy of the order by emailing our office at

  • Original and copy to conform of each document
  • Self-addressed stamped envelope for return on conformed documents
  • Include company check, A-19, money order or cashier check for $30.00 ex parte fee (no personal checks)

Clerk will file and present your documents to the Judicial Officer. After Judicial Officer files the decision with the Clerk, the Clerk will mail conformed copies of filed documents.

*Note: Proposed Order Coversheet can be found under forms/packets.

Cover Sheet Proposed Orders.pdf

Cover Sheet Proposed Orders.docx