The Department is committed to a course of action that reduces and ultimately eliminates health disparities, so that optimal health for all is possible.
Achieving the highest level of health and well-being for everyone.
Avoidable differences between groups of people created by societal barriers and systematic exclusion from opportunities.
Community Health Assessment
The Department, in partnership with Thurston Thrives, conducts community health assessment activities and has established shared indicators of population health aimed at identifying equity gaps.
- Racial Equity and Inclusion from Thurston County
- Systemic Racism and Health Equity from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Governor's Interagency Council on Health Disparities
- Washington State LGBTQ Commission
- Washington State Coalition for Language Access
- Health Equity Institute
- Environmental Justice
- Othering and Belonging Institute
- Health Equity Guiding Principles for Inclusive Communication
- J.E.D.I (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion) Toolkit from the UNC School of Medicine
- Social Determinants of Health from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Institute of Health Equity