Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

Public Health and Social Services

Immunizations are one of the best ways we have to prevent a number of serious diseases.

In Thurston County, immunizations for children are offered by health care providers. Immunizations for older children and adults are offered by local pharmacies. Thurston County Public Health and Social Services no longer provides adult and children immunizations, travel immunizations, or immunizations required for employment purposes, such as TB Skin Testing, MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella), or Tetanus.

Happy Vaccinated Family Showing Adhesive Bandage After Vaccine

Immunizations Services

Vaccinating your children is one of the most important things you can do as a parent or guardian to keep them safe and healthy. See the CDC's recommended immunization schedules for infants, children, and adolescents, as well as the required vaccinations for Washington State school students below. Check out the CDC's Child and Adolescent Vaccine Assessment Tool.

Required Immunizations for School Year 2024-2025 (WA DOH) | Spanish

Getting immunized is a lifelong, life-protecting job. Take a look at the CDC's recommended immunization schedule for adults. Check the CDC's Adult Vaccine Assessment Tool. 

Are you over 65 years of age, or have a Chronic Health Disease?

Get a pneumococcal shot if you're over 65 years of age, or have a chronic health condition, since one of the main complications of influenza is pneumonia.  For more information, see Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (PPV), What You Need to Know from the CDC.

Additional Resources

To learn about health and vaccine recommendations to stay safe while traveling abroad, check with your health care provider or use the travel health resources described here.

Health professionals trained in travel health can provide specific counseling for your destination and provide the travel vaccinations and prescriptions for the medications you need. 

Travel Clinics in Thurston County

Providence St. Peter Family Practice Travel Clinic
(360) 493-7230


Costco Pharmacy *Tumwater (Members Only)
(360) 357-7290

Group Health Cooperative (Members Only)
(800) 562-6300 ex 3488

The Evergreen State College Health Services (Registered Students Only)
(360) 867-6200

CDC Travel Health Website

The National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Health web site provides reliable and up to date information regarding travel health. If vaccinations are recommended, your health care provider or these community resources may help:

Capitol Medical Center Occupational Medicine Clinic, Urgent Care Clinics, and many pharmacies in Thurston County offer the Tetanus and Hepatitis A vaccinations needed for most trips. Some pharmacies offer other travel vaccines.  Please call for details: Pharmacies have asked us to caution that vaccinations are pre-scheduled, not walk-in. 

Health Care Providers

Seasonal Influenza: The Washington State Vaccine Advisory Committee provides the following clinical guidance to providers on the use of flu vaccine when multiple types of vaccine are available July 2014. View the guide (WA DOH).

Certificate of Exemption – Effective July 22, 2011 - (WA DOH) 

Additional Immunization Resources 

Contact our Disease Control and Prevention division at 360-867-2500 or email if you have additional questions.