Property Transfers (REETA)
Online/Electronic Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit Filing (eREET)
Thurston County accepts online real estate excise tax (eREET) transactions, allowing electronic processing of the excise tax affidavit by the Treasurer’s Office and electronic recording by the Auditor’s Office.
Thurston County uses two partners to facilitate eREET transactions. Anyone with an account set up at either of our two vendors can submit all the required documents and pay all the required taxes and fees electronically:
If you have any questions about either of these service partnerships, please call our office at 360-786-5550 or email us at email@example.com.
* Important note for Simplifile users: When you create a package in Simplifile, make sure to only place related documents in the same package. Remember, a package in Simplifile is like an envelope. If we reject any documents, we have to reject all the documents in the same package. If documents from different transactions are in the same package, they will be rejected along with every other document in that package.
Sold/Purchased a Mobile/Manufactured Home?
Sending your signed title to the Department of Licensing will not change the ownership of the home. Every manufactured/mobile home sale must have the accompanying Mobile Home Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit completed along with the signed title and payment for the excise tax and submitted in person or mailed to the Treasurer's Office. All property taxes must be paid in full before the transfer can occur.
Mobile Home Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavits cannot be submitted electronically through our eREET partners. Due to County Auditor requirements, these forms must be submitted in person, mailed to our office or dropped off in the parking lot dropbox located at the Thurston County Courthouse.
- Mobile Home FAQs from the Washington State Department of Revenue
- Additional Mobile Home resources from the Washington State Department of Licensing
If you prefer not to submit your REET transaction electronically, you can mail the appropriate form(s) along with payment to us here:
Thurston County Treasurer
3000 Pacific Ave SE
Olympia, WA 98501-2043
Real Estate Excise Tax Forms *March 1, 2023 version of form
- * Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit (Single Location)
- * Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit (Multiple Locations)
- * Mobile Home Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit
- Real Estate Excise Tax Supplemental Statement
- * Controlling Interest Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit
- Lack Of Probate Affidavit For Claiming Exemption On Inheritance Real Estate