Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

Public Health and Social Services

The Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Program serves children who have physical, behavioral or emotional conditions that require health and related services beyond those generally required by children.

The program offers:

  • Access and coordination of services to all children with special needs
  • Limited direct medical services, equipment and supplies to those families that meet financial and eligibility requirements.

Who is eligible for services?

  • Any parent/ guardian who has concern for their child's development, social emotional behaviors, mental health and any medical conditions or disabilities.

Children with Special Health Care Need Program Coordinator work to help children meet their highest potential possible by: 

  • Access and coordination of care
  • Providing health information and guidance
  • Referring to community resources
  • Family centered approach.

    Image of baby laying down on bed doing hearing test screening


How do I apply or refer?

Referrals to our CYSHCN program in Thurston County, can be made by families, schools, medical and service providers, and other concerned people.

Residents of other counties may contact their local health department or district for more Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs information.



Helpful Links

Contact our Maternal Child Health Program at (360) 485-5476 or email if you have additional questions.