Nurse Family Partnership
The Nurse-Family Partnership is a free program for pregnant individuals in Thurston, Lewis and Mason counties. This program helps families during pregnancy and for the first two (2) years for the child's life. Parents in the program receive home visits by a nurse with specialized training. The Nurse-Family Partnership program can help support you to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy, happy and safe baby.
Who can enroll in the program?
Any individual who is:
- Pregnant at time of enrollment with a child, single or married, living in Thurston, Lewis or Mason County.
- Meet income requirements.
- Individuals can join as early in pregnancy as desired, however must join during pregnancy.
A public health nurse will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- By supporting you in your parent role.
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby.
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in Thurston, Mason or Lewis Counties.
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills.
- Set goals to your family's future and find ways to help you reach them.
How much does the program cost?
This program is at no cost to all eligible individuals.
Video for our community partners:
Client Stories (National Nurse Family Partnership)
It starts with great mothers...
You can also learn more at the National Nurse-Family Partnership website.
Nurse Family Partnership in Our Community
Nurse-Family Partnership® (NFP) is an evidence-based, community health program that helps transform the lives of vulnerable individuals pregnant with their first child. Each individual served by NFP is partnered with a registered nurse early in her pregnancy and receives ongoing nurse home visits that continue through their child’s second birthday. Independent research proves that communities benefit from this relationship — every dollar invested in Nurse-Family Partnership can yield more than five dollars in return.
Nurse-Family Partnership Goals
- Improve pregnancy outcomes by helping individuals engage in good preventive health practices, including thorough prenatal care from their healthcare providers, improving their diets, and reducing their use of cigarettes, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Improve child health and development by helping parents provide responsible and competent care.
- Improve the economic self-sufficiency of the family by helping parents develop a vision for their own future, plan future pregnancies, continue their education and find work.
- Pregnancy Assistance for First-Time Moms (National Nurse Family Partnership)
- Nurse-Family Partnership (National Nurse Family Partnership)
- WIC (Sea Mar Thurston County Site)
- Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Parent Help 123
- Within Reach
For information about Thurston County's Nurse-Family Partnership Program, call: (360) 280-7418.
Gretchen Thaller, MSN, RN, IMH-E® (III)
MCH/Nurse Family Partnership Division Director
Phone: (360) 280-7418 | email