Environmental Health Codes, Regulations, and Hearing Requests
The rules and regulations of the Thurston County Board of Health were developed to promote the health, safety, and welfare of the general public. Referred to as the "Sanitary Code," it comes under the jurisdiction of the Public Health and Social Services Department and is regulated and enforced by the Environmental Health Division.
Environmental Health Codes and Regulations
Article I - General Provisions Sanitary Code
Article II - Food Service
Article III - Drinking Water Supplies
Article IV - Sewage Disposal
Article V - Solid Waste Handling
Article VI - Nonpoint Source Pollution
Article VII - Water Recreation Facilities
Article VIII - Smoking and Vaping
- Fees - Environmental Health Fee Schedule
Administrative Hearings may be convened for the following reasons:
- An appeal of an order, requirement, permit, decision or determination made by the health officer.
- An appeal of a Notice of Violation or order issued by the health officer to enforce the Thurston County Sanitary Code.
- A hearing request made under Thurston County Code 10.92 for an order regarding contaminated property associated with illegal drug manufacturing or storage.
- A hearing request to review a waiver or variance application.
- Other appropriate reasons set forth in Article I or in Washington State laws and regulations administered by the health officer.
- Administrative Hearing Process Overview
- Request for Appeal - General
- Request for Appeal - Thurston County Board of Health
- Request for Appeal - Expedited Hearing Excess Demerit Points - Food Service
- Request for Appeal - Expedited Hearing for Food Service Closure
- Request for Waiver or Variance from Sanitary Code Provisions - Article III and IV
- Request for Waiver or Variance from Sanitary Code Provisions - General
- Request for Waiver or Variance from Sanitary Code Provisions - Article II
- Request for Waiver or Variance from Sanitary Code Provisions - Article VII