The Thurston County Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) receives all applications for lodging tax revenue and recommends a list of candidates and funding levels to the Board of County Commissioners for final determination.
We are not accepting applications at this time.
Check back in the fourth quarter of 2018.
The Lodging Tax is an excise (sales) tax authorized by Chapter 67.28 RCW Public Stadium, Convention, Arts and Tourism Facilities. It is paid by people who stay overnight in a lodging establishment such as a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast facility, or camp ground.
The Lodging Tax may be used to promote tourism events, locations, and activities for the purpose of attracting visitors to our area. Lodging tax revenue may also be used to pay for capital and/or operating costs for some tourism-related facilities, the operation of visitor/convention agencies, and the operation and marketing of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists.
High priority will be given to tourism activities that:
- Have a demonstrated potential or high potential from the Committee’s perspective to result in overnight stays by tourists in lodging establishments within Thurston County.
- Promote Thurston County and/or events, activities, and places in the County to potential tourists from outside Thurston County.
- Have demonstrated or high potential from the Committee’s perspective to result in documented economic benefit to Thurston County.
- Have a demonstrated history of success in Thurston County, or are proposed by a group with a demonstrated history or high potential of success with similar activities.
- Minimize duplication of services where appropriate and encourage cooperative marketing and/or includes an element of cooperation or partnership.
- Provide, maintain, operate, or enhance County-owned tourism facilities or infrastructure.