Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

Board of County Commissioners

Current Vacancies

Get involved in local government!  Thurston County is recruiting for several vacancies on citizen advisory boards. Advisory boards are vital to good government and one of the most effective ways to positively impact your community. You, too, can advise the Board of County Commissioners and county staff on policies, programs, and the many issues facing our community.  Apply today!


Learn more about each advisory board’s profile.


  • Citizens' Commission on Salaries for Elected Officials

    One individual with Professional Personnel Management experience.

    One individual with Organized Labor experience.

  • Civil Service Commission

    One individual who has lived in Thurston County for at least the past two years.

  • Fair Board

    One individual who resides in Commissioner District 3.

    One nominated by the Commissioner of District 3.

  • Historic Commission

    Multiple vacancies for those with professional or vocational interest in historic preservation.

  • Noxious Weed Control Board

    One individual who resides in Weed District 4.

    One who resides in Weed District 5.

  • Storm and Surface Water Advisory Board

    One individual who resides in Commissioner District 2.

    Two members At-Large.

  • Veterans Advisory Board

    One individual who is a member of a nationally recognized veterans' organization located in Thurston County, as evidenced by written notice from the organization.

    Advisory Boards Application