Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.


Signature Update Form

You may have received notice that you need to update your signature. You can use this form. (Spanish version)

Register to Vote

You can register to vote online, by mail or in-person at the Thurston County Auditor's Office.

Qualifications for Registering to Vote

​To register to vote you must be:

  • A citizen of the United States
  • A Washington State resident 
  • At least 16 years old
  • Not disqualified from voting due to a court order
  • Not currently serving a sentence of total confinement under the state Department of Corrections for a Washington felony conviction
  • Not currently incarcerated for a federal or out-of-state felony conviction

Confirm Your Voter Registration Status

You can confirm your voter registration status online or by calling the Auditor's Elections team at 360.786.5408.

Update Your Voter Registration

You have a number of options for updating your voter registration because of a change in address, name or signature.

If you would like to update your voter registration with a new address in Thurston County, you can:

  • Update your voting address online through VoteWA (if you've already updated your driver's license or state identification card).
  • Print and mail us a new voter registration form.
  • Call our office at 360.786.5408 with your new address.
  • Write us a letter or email including your name, date of birth, old and new address, new mailing address (if different from voting address) and a daytime phone number.

If you would like to update your voter registration because of a name or signature change, you can:

  • Complete a new mail-in voter registration form
  • Return an Address Confirmation Card. We will send you the card when the postal service returns mail to our office from your address of record.
  • Send a letter to our office with your old name, new name, residential address and new signature
  • On your ballot return envelope, cross out your old name, print your new name and sign the declaration with your new name. We will update your previous registration with your new name and signature.

Canceling a Voter Registration

Fill out the following forms and return them to our office to:

Cancel your voter registration.

Cancel the registration of a deceased voter.