Signature Update Form
Register to Vote
Qualifications for Registering to Vote
To register to vote you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- Living at your address in Washington at least 30 days before the next election you vote
- At least 16 years old
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order
- Not currently serving a sentence of total confinement under the state Department of Corrections for a Washington felony conviction
- Not currently incarcerated for a federal or out-of-state felony conviction
Confirm Your Voter Registration Status
Update Your Voter Registration
You have a number of options for updating your voter registration because of a change in address, name or signature.
If you would like to update your voter registration with a new address in Thurston County, you can:
- Update your voting address online through VoteWA (if you've already updated your driver's license or state identification card).
- Print and mail us a new voter registration form.
- Call our office at 360.786.5408 with your new address.
- Write us a letter or email including your name, date of birth, old and new address, new mailing address (if different from voting address) and a daytime phone number.
If you would like to update your voter registration because of a name or signature change, you can:
- Complete a new mail-in voter registration form
- Return an Address Confirmation Card. We will send you the card when the postal service returns mail to our office from your address of record.
- Send a letter to our office with your old name, new name, residential address and new signature
- On your ballot return envelope, cross out your old name, print your new name and sign the declaration with your new name. We will update your previous registration with your new name and signature.