Community Agriculture Program Home
Thurston County’s Community Agriculture Program celebrates the region’s rich agricultural history and promising future by:
- Protecting farmland and supporting farmers through innovative policy and code updates
- Helping farmers navigate county permit processes and access land conservation programs
- Helping farmers maintain productive farms, while protecting the environment
- Working alongside our regional partners to support a healthy and viable agricultural economy
- ACTIVE NOW - Agriculture Zoning Update - Update Long-Term zoning protections for Agriculture of Commercial Significance (Docket Item CPA-16).
- Agricultural Activities in Critical Areas – Develop a conservation planning approach for new agricultural uses (Docket Item A-18).
- Farm Open Space and Transfer of Development Rights Program Updates – Update Thurston County’s land conservation incentive programs.
- Voluntary Stewardship Program - A program that balances the protection and enhancement of critical areas with maintaining and improving the long-term viability of agriculture.
- Agricultural Land Conservation Incentive Programs – A collection of programs that incentivize landowners to keep their property in agricultural use.
- Results of the Agriculture Survey Results
- Subscribe to the agriculture email list for occassional updates on policy & programs.
- Submit a comment on the Community Agriculture Program.
- Take the Livestock Processing Study - A regional assessment of meat production and processing capacity.
- Attend a community meeting. See list on the Agriculture Zoning Update page.
- Come to an Agriculture Advisory Committee Meeting – This group of 11 volunteers meets once a month and advises the Board and Planning Commission on public decisions and/or emerging issues that would significantly affect agriculture.
Community Agricultural Resources
Community Agriculture Program Manager Ashley.Arai@co.thurston.wa.us can help answer specific questions about your farm.