Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

County Clerk

The use of specific domestic relations and guardianship forms is mandated by the Washington State Legislature. All parties in family law cases must use these forms. Forms may be purchased from the Clerk's Office in form packets that range from $5.00 to $40.00. You may also find it helpful to seek the Family Court Facilitator's assistance when selecting forms.

It is recommended you make an appointment with a Facilitator to review completed forms; find answers to questions regarding forms and court procedures and obtain information about community resources.

A Self-Help Center is available at the Family and Juvenile Court Clerk's Office to assist you in selecting the proper forms for your situation. The form packets include step-by-step instructions, along with the proper forms to process your case. All forms are available for purchase at the front counter.

Prior to coming to the Clerk's Office, you may find the form packet you need by reading through the packet descriptions below. The first two pages of each packet are presented to help you determine which fits your situation. Once you have found the packet that best fits your situation:

  1. Write the packet number down
  2. Come to the Clerk's Office at the Family and Juvenile Court
  3. Request the packet number

You may also purchase packets by email to Please provide us with the packet number you have chosen. We will reply with the amount of the packet and where to make payment. Once payment is made, the packet will be emailed to you.

Packets are non-refundable, so be sure you have selected the proper packet number.

Additional self-help, resources, forms and instructions available through the Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts and the Northwest Justice Project web sites.