Look Up Property Records
The Auditor’s Office records many types of documents, including key property documents. Below you can access our Online Record Index and find the answers to many property record questions we receive from customers.
You can view our documents' indexed information through our Online Record Index. Due to privacy concerns, only certain documents can be viewed online. These documents include:
- Claims For Damages
- Declarations of Forfeiture
- Discontinuances of NTS and NIF
- Land Corner Records
- Most Maps
- Notice of Trustee Sale (NTS)
- Notice of Intent of Forfeits (NIF)
- Real Estate Contracts
- Restrictive covenant modifications
- Sheriff Certificate of Sales
- UCC Fixture Filing
- UCC Fixture Filing Miscellaneous
- UCC Termination of Fixture Filing
You can visit our Online Record Index here.
Our office can provide photo copies and certified copies of recorded documents.
If you would like to order copies, we accept credit cards (all card transactions are charged a $2.00 or 2.35% service fee) over the phone at 360.786.5405 and in-person or you can send a written request to:
Thurston County Auditor
Attn: Copy Request
3000 Pacific Avenue SE
Olympia, WA 98501
Please include the document's Auditor File Number, a return address and a check or money order made payable to the "Thurston County Auditor."
Photo copies cost $1.00 per page.
Certified copies of each document cost $3.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page.
You can find a maps on our Online Record Index. Follow these steps to find a map:
- Go to our Online Record Index.
- If you have an Auditor File Number (or Volume and Page):
- Enter the Auditor File Number or Volume and Page (not both) into the correct field at the top of the search screen. The results of the search will give you the document type and indexed information. To view the map, select "view image" on the right hand side of the screen.
- If you don't have an Auditor File Number or Volume and Page:
- If the map is a named map (i.e. "Capital Place"), you can search by the Plat Name in the Grantor field.
- If the map is a numbered plat (Boundary Line Adjustment, Short Subdivision, Large Lot Subdivision or NPS), you can search the Map Case # field with the map number. For example, enter "SS15102347TC" in the field if you would like to search for Short Subdivision SS-15102347TC.
- If you would like to find a survey, search the person's name who requested the survey or search the section township and range for all surveys. You can narrow your search by selecting "survey" as the document type and entering the quarter or quarter/quarter if you know it.
Our office has always tried to strike a balance between easy access and individual privacy, since many public documents contain sensitive personal information. After receiving requests to make a broader set of document types viewable from our Online Record Index.
We selected the document types listed above because they are the least likely to have sensitive personal information. All public records remain viewable by visiting our office.
If you have any specific questions about these document types, please consult a title company or real estate attorney. Our office can't provide legal advice.
Images available online are standard copy images.
If you would like a certified copy of an image, you can:
- Order one in-person at our office:
3000 Pacific Ave SE
Olympia, WA 98501
- Over the phone at 360.786.5405
- Via email at TCAuditor@co.thurston.wa.us
All credit cards will be charged a service fee of $2.00 or 2.35%, whichever is highest. Certified copies cost $3.00 for the first page and $1.00 per additional page, per document. You can also order copies through the State Digital Archives. For more information, visit https://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov.