Upcoming Hearing Projects
NEXT HEARING DATE Tuesday, December 12, 2023 | Agenda
- 2019103224 Veloni Conditional Use permit, - beginning at 10
- 2022103527 Sienna I Preliminary Plat and Variance beginning at 11
- Hearing Materials for Projects above
HOW TO JOIN
About the Hearing Examiner Process & How to Participate
County codes require some building and development projects to go through a public hearing process so that community members and the public can have a say in proposed development. Codes also provide a way for permit applicants to request exceptions to some land use rules. Find more about the hearing examiner below.
- Join Online Public Hearings on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays each month. How to join a Zoom Meeting
- Submit a Comment to the Land Use Clerk (see contact info below) on a Hearing Examiner Project during the project's public comment period.
- See Past Hearing Examiner Decisions linked in the drop down below.
Project Records for Recent Projects
More About the Hearing Examiner
Hearing Examiner requests are related to plat subdivisions, special uses, shoreline permits, variances, and administrative land-use. The requests and hearings are managed by the Hearing Examiner, an attorney appointed by the Board of County Commissioners (BoCC) to provide a public, quasi-judicial hearing, and issue formal decisions or make recommendations to the BoCC. Hearing Examiner decisions can be appealed to the Board of County Commissioners or the appropriate appellate body with jurisdiction, based on the record established before the Hearing Examiner. See Thurston County Code Title 2: Administration (Chapter 2.06).
Forms and Fee Schedules
- Email Sonja Cady, Land Use Clerk
- Call 360-867-2117 | Fax 360-754-2939 | TTY/TDD call 711 or 1-800-833-6388
- Mail Thurston County Office of the Hearing Examiner
3000 Pacific Ave SE, Suite 100
Olympia, WA 98501