Skip to main content

Thurston County, Washington

The content on the Thurston County website is currently provided in English. We are providing the “Translation” for approximately 10 languages. The goal of the translation is to provide visitors with limited English proficiency to access information on the website in other languages. The translations do not translate all types of documents, and it may not give you an exact translation all the time. The translations are made through an automated process, which may not result in accurate or precise translations, particularly of technical and legal terminology.

Superior Court

Dispositive motions include motions for summary judgment (CR 56), motions to dismiss for failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted (CR 12(b)(6)) and motions for judgment on the pleadings (CR 12(c)). 

Each Judge will hear only two (2) Dispositive Motions per session.

If your notice schedules your motion on a session that is already full or canceled, the Clerk's Office will contact you to advise you to reschedule your motion.

Notices to strike motions must be filed as soon as the attorney/party is aware that the case will not be proceeding with the motion. If your notice to strike is filed within five (5) days of the hearing date, parties must comply with the Clerk's procedure regarding expedited fillings and the Court's rule regarding bench copies.

To get a copy of the Summary Judgment Notice for Parties who do not have a Lawyer, please use this form. 

Summary Judge Notice for parties that do not have a lawyer