Dear Thurston County Resident:
Thank you for your interest in the many citizen boards and commissions that serve Thurston County. By looking at this website, you've demonstrated an interest in the important role citizens can play in helping to shape our county's future.
The knowledge, experience and time citizens contribute to Thurston County ensure that programs meet the needs of the people. Our needs and opportunities are many and varied. You can play a key role in helping shape, advise or oversee specific County programs. Thurston County's boards and commissions have more than 300 members -- citizens just like yourself.
Below you will find a list of what boards, commissions, and committees the Thurston County Commissioners appoint and staff contact information in case you would like to know more about a specific board. If you are interested in serving on a board or commission, we encourage you to take one more step and complete an application. A link to the application form is included on this website. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of the Board, Amy Davis at (360) 786-5440 or email.
Finally, we thank you for your interest. Working together, we will be able to maintain and improve our highly valued quality of life.
Board of County Commissioners
John Hutchings, Commissioner District 1
Gary Edwards, Commissioner District 2
Tye Menser, Commissioner District 3
November 12, 2019
Timberland Regional Library Board of Trustees
- 1 vacancy Thurston County Position
Agriculture Advisory Board
- 1 vacancy farmer, 1 vacancy non-farmer
Boundary Review Board
- 1 vacancy County Commissioners’ Representative
Citizen Commission on Salaries for Elected Officials
- 1 vacancy (Legal Representative to be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners
- Storm & Surface Water Advisory Board
- 1 vacancy Commissioner Distrcit #3
- 1 vacancy - Member at Large
NOTICE: Intercity Transit is
recruiting for a Citizen Representative on the Intercity Transit Authority, and
for members of our Community Advisory Committee. Please select their recuirtment notice and application below for more information.
- 1 vacancy Commissioner District #3
- 4 Vacancies – Member at Large
Historic Commission 4 total vacancies as follows:
- 1 in Commissioner District #1
- 2 in Commissioner District #2
- 1 in Commissioner District #3
Noxious Weed Control Board
- Weed District Specific, District #4
- Solid Waste Advisory Commmittee
- Business Representative
- Council Member from Rainier
- Council Member from Bucoda
- Council Member from Tenino
The following is a list of advisory boards, committees, and commissions appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. For information about each of the boards and commissions or to inquire about vacancies, we've provided a phone number of the department in charge of each board or commission. An application in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat can be completed and mailed to the address provided on the application.